Our middle and high school “cadets” attend the InFlight Program for two hours after school, twice a week as well as during the summer and school breaks. These fun learning environments take place in NE Portland at Portland Community College -Cascade Campus and in Hillsboro at Hillsboro Airport. The class is designed to further develop students’ skills in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). The program involves:
- Lessons in aviation, aerospace and connections to STEM
- Airplane flight and drone simulation tutorials on the computer
- Academic, career and higher education on STEM and aerospace pathways
- Informal mentoring between instructors and students
- Leadership and citizen skills lessons
- A culminating flight in a private plane
If you would like to learn more about our InFlight Program, please go to the “Contact Us” menu tab and leave us a message.